The hottest thing right now in pop culture is the movie The Fault In Our Stars. As I am a huge fan of this story (John Green is a genius for writing such an exquisite book), I have decided to try my hand at nail art inspired by TFIOS..
This is a super simple, minimalistic design for those who don’t have any tools for nails and don’t want to spend a lot of time on them. Shall we begin?
First of all you will need a blue nail polish. Try to find yourself a blue color that resembles the color of TFIOS book cover. I used Maybelline New York nail polish COLORAMA in 651. Then get yourself a few toothpicks for painting. The last thing – black and white nail polish. Mine are both form a brand called Buk. I think they are only sold where I live. For finishing touches you will need a topcoat and some nail polish remover to clean around your nails if you are as messy as me.
1.Paint all you nails with blue color. Let them dry completely – this is important because when you try to paint something on them, you will just smudge everything into one color if their are not dry.
2. Pick a nail you will paint your cloud symbols on. I chose my left hand’s index finger.
3. Start by slowly painting the outline of the white cloud at the bottom of you nail with a toothpick. When you feel happy with the outline, color the inside of it and let it dry.
4. Get another clean toothpick a paint a black outline of the cloud at the top of your nail. Remember: the clouds have to touch (the black one is slightly covering the top of the white one).
5. Let the clouds dry completely and put on a topcoat.
6. The next thing you might do is pick another finger: I chose my right hand’s thumb. Here I painted a little question mark to resemble the Okay? question. If you want to do that, paint it by using a toothpick and a black polish. Let it dry completely and put on a topcoat.
7. This is where I stopped, because I like to have some nails that are plain, just colored with one color. But you don’t have to follow me. If you are more advanced than I am in nail art, I suggest you paint more clouds with Okay? Okay. written on them or a cigarette to recall Gus metaphor, an infinity sign, TFIOS abbreviation or something else that reminds you of the beautiful story of Hazel and Augustus. When, don’t forget to paint a layer of topcoat and by using an ear pick clean the outsides of you nail. The product is finished:)
I hope you liked this kinda different post about nails. I hope it has been helpful. Bye:)