For this week’s beauty post I decided to try my hand once again at nail art.This nail style requires zero experience and it is not super original what so ever. I just thought it looks nice and interesting but still simple.
First of all, you will need to pick a color. I went for a pink color not because I am too girly but because it is summer and pink is a very summery color. And lately I had been wearing a lot of print and these prints have a lot of pink-ish details to them.
After you have chosen a color, look through your nail polishes and pick 5 different shades of that color. Try to mix and match them: pick one darker, one lighter, couple of sparkly ones, couple of solid ones and you can even go for a matte nail polish.
I have chosen quite bold pink/orange/coral color for my thumb (Maybelline Colorama 91) – try to make your thumb the boldest of the nails, it will be like a delicate accent to the whole hand.
I painted my index finger with a sparkly light pink polish from Rimmel London 60 seconds line.
My middle finger has almost the same shade as my index finger does but the polish is solid not sparkly – Lotus Effect 55K.
My ring finger and little finger also have similar violet/grey/pinky shade on them. Ring finger is painted with a translucent polish with big sparkles (Uma cosmetics duo nail polish 01) while little finger has shiny grey polish with violet undertones from Avon (nail wear pro 021).
All the nails are painted with double coat of color nail polish and also a single coat of top coat. I also would like to mention that this kind of nail style lasted almost two weeks on my nails with minimal damage and chips.
I hope that you like this kind of idea for nails. You can use a different color and find shades that you like and truly make it your own.
Photos of polish bottles and the final product bellow. Bye!
The hottest thing right now in pop culture is the movie The Fault In Our Stars. As I am a huge fan of this story (John Green is a genius for writing such an exquisite book), I have decided to try my hand at nail art inspired by TFIOS..
This is a super simple, minimalistic design for those who don’t have any tools for nails and don’t want to spend a lot of time on them. Shall we begin?
First of all you will need a blue nail polish. Try to find yourself a blue color that resembles the color of TFIOS book cover. I used Maybelline New York nail polish COLORAMA in 651. Then get yourself a few toothpicks for painting. The last thing – black and white nail polish. Mine are both form a brand called Buk. I think they are only sold where I live. For finishing touches you will need a topcoat and some nail polish remover to clean around your nails if you are as messy as me.
1.Paint all you nails with blue color. Let them dry completely – this is important because when you try to paint something on them, you will just smudge everything into one color if their are not dry.
2. Pick a nail you will paint your cloud symbols on. I chose my left hand’s index finger.
3. Start by slowly painting the outline of the white cloud at the bottom of you nail with a toothpick. When you feel happy with the outline, color the inside of it and let it dry.
4. Get another clean toothpick a paint a black outline of the cloud at the top of your nail. Remember: the clouds have to touch (the black one is slightly covering the top of the white one).
5. Let the clouds dry completely and put on a topcoat.
6. The next thing you might do is pick another finger: I chose my right hand’s thumb. Here I painted a little question mark to resemble the Okay? question. If you want to do that, paint it by using a toothpick and a black polish. Let it dry completely and put on a topcoat.
7. This is where I stopped, because I like to have some nails that are plain, just colored with one color. But you don’t have to follow me. If you are more advanced than I am in nail art, I suggest you paint more clouds with Okay? Okay. written on them or a cigarette to recall Gus metaphor, an infinity sign, TFIOS abbreviation or something else that reminds you of the beautiful story of Hazel and Augustus. When, don’t forget to paint a layer of topcoat and by using an ear pick clean the outsides of you nail. The product is finished:)
I hope you liked this kinda different post about nails. I hope it has been helpful. Bye:)