Welcome to a different format of a movie review. Usually, I do and still be doing long and informative reviews but sometimes there are movies that you don’t have a lot to say about but still want to mention. So, the solution is these brief reviews point by point. I hope you enjoy!
1. She is Funny That Way is a comedy-drama from a quite an unknown director and writer (for me at least) Peter Bogdanovich. It was made and is distributed by really small companies which were created only a few years ago.
2. The films story is based in Broadway. The whole plot of the movie rests on awkward moments, interactions and encounters. All characters have secrets between them and are usually connected in some way: they are either friends, lovers or family. Personally, I really enjoy watching films full of cringe worthy scenes, because I have a lot of them in my life.
3. The main character of the film is played by Imogen Poots. I really like this British actress and have seen quite a lot of movies starring her. Though, I gotta say, she sounded so weird in this film. I don’t know if she was trying to create some type of accent or if she always sounds like this. I know for sure that she didn’t sound weird in Need For Speed or That Awkward Moment. Her voice took me out of the movie a bit. However, the idea that you have to look for your place in life was conveyed quite beautifully through her character.
4. The supporting cast is full of B-list actors. Okay, Jennifer Aniston might be the only A-lister. Other include Owen Wilson, Kathryn Hahn, Will Forte, Rhys Ifans and many more. All of them did a nice job.
5. I also enjoyed references to culture that were used in the movie. And I am not talking about the current pop culture but old black and white films. However, the biggest reference to real life was the last cameo which I don’t want to spoil here.
Trailer: She is Funny That Way trailer
Yesterday was kinda a cinema day for me because I watched not one but two movies so I decided to write my reviews quickly before I forget what I wanted to say.
The first film was called A Long Way Down. It is a British dark comedy film directed by Pascal Chaumeil, loosely based on author Nick Hornby’s 2005 novel A Long Way Down. The movie premiered couple months ago at movie festivals in Germany and UK and in many cinemas in European countries. However, Lithuania just got it a few days ago. Its limited premiere in the US is 11th of July. The motion picture tells a story of four strangers who happen to meet on the roof of a London building on New Year’s Eve, each with the intent of committing suicide. Nevertheless, their plan doesn’t work and they sign a pact, promising not to kill themselves till Valentines day. And their story begins… The main reason why I went to see the movie was Imogen Poots. I have already seen this British actress in 2 quite big movies this year. One of them was That Awkward Moment and another Need For Speed (review on my blog). This was also Imogen’s second time teaming up with Aaron Paul. They were lovers in Need For Speed and they eventually ended up together in this movie too. I liked their chemistry and I really enjoyed Imogen’s performance. She portrayed crazy politician’s daughter with daddy-issues named Jess perfectly. The movie explores humanity problems and raises a question: Why people kill themselves? Rate 4/5
Another film I watched that day was less intelligent. It was Doug Liman’s military science fiction blockbuster Edge of Tomorrow. I was really skeptical when I first came across this movie, because I didn’t really liked the last Tom Cruise’s science fiction alien film (Oblivion), but I heard so many good review about it so I decided to give it a try. And it definitely did not disappoint. The plot was really interesting: Tom Cruises is playing a Major named William Cage who has to repeat one day over and over again. When he dies, he wakes up and everything starts form the beginning. You are seeing the same thing over and over again but it doesn’t look boring, it’s actually refreshing to see how Tom Cruises character copes with the fact that he has already done this and that a hundred of times. The comedy in this movie is also really great. The last plus of the film is the fact that Tom Cruise’s character starts out as a coward. He is just a spokes person for a military, so when he is thrown into the front line of the battle, he tries to run away. It was awesome to see Tom Cruise not as a hero, but as a kinda douche human being. Emily Blunt is also a real bad-ass . I kinda wish she was the Black Widow in Marvel’s Cinematic Universe. (She was supposed to play that part, but it didn’t work out.) Though, this was her time to shine. Also every time I saw Bill Paxton on the screen my mind automatically jumped back to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Hail Hydra. What is more, the design of aliens was strange as well as innovative and cool. I think this is one of the best summer movies so far. Rate 5/5.
Next movie that I am definitely going to see is Guardians of the Galaxy. Keep your eyes open for a review. Bye.
I will admit, I really did not expected anything good from this movie just because it was inspired by a computer game with the same name. My dad asked me to go with him , so I figured if the movie is not great I just simply will have some father-daughter time with my dad. So I bought a huge bag of pop corns and went to the cinema.
At first,the movie seemed very boring, but then the action started. Fast sporty cars, interesting story-line and exceptionally good performances from to main actors made this movie so worth watching. I loved Dino’s character (actor Dominic Cooper), he was such a bad ass, however, I was glad when he got defeated in the end. British actress Imogen Poots was also really good in her role as a Julia Maddin a.k.a. numbers’ girl. .
I would rate this movie 4.5/5 . It lost half a point because of the slow beginning. Down below you will find some screenshot from the film and a trailer .I definitely recommend this movie for all my male readers as well as girls who have a boyish side inside of them . Comment if you have seen this movie and liked it as much as I did or maybe you have some criticism to it.
Also find me on other social media. Bye and have a nice life!!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/LunaTheia Instagram : http://instagram.com/luknexx Tumblr: http://luna-theia.tumblr.com/