Welcome to a different format of a movie review. Usually, I do and still be doing long and informative reviews but sometimes there are movies that you don’t have a lot to say about but still want to mention. So, the solution is these brief reviews point by point. I hope you enjoy!
1. She is Funny That Way is a comedy-drama from a quite an unknown director and writer (for me at least) Peter Bogdanovich. It was made and is distributed by really small companies which were created only a few years ago.
2. The films story is based in Broadway. The whole plot of the movie rests on awkward moments, interactions and encounters. All characters have secrets between them and are usually connected in some way: they are either friends, lovers or family. Personally, I really enjoy watching films full of cringe worthy scenes, because I have a lot of them in my life.
3. The main character of the film is played by Imogen Poots. I really like this British actress and have seen quite a lot of movies starring her. Though, I gotta say, she sounded so weird in this film. I don’t know if she was trying to create some type of accent or if she always sounds like this. I know for sure that she didn’t sound weird in Need For Speed or That Awkward Moment. Her voice took me out of the movie a bit. However, the idea that you have to look for your place in life was conveyed quite beautifully through her character.
4. The supporting cast is full of B-list actors. Okay, Jennifer Aniston might be the only A-lister. Other include Owen Wilson, Kathryn Hahn, Will Forte, Rhys Ifans and many more. All of them did a nice job.
5. I also enjoyed references to culture that were used in the movie. And I am not talking about the current pop culture but old black and white films. However, the biggest reference to real life was the last cameo which I don’t want to spoil here.
Trailer: She is Funny That Way trailer